DornerWorks provides engineering expertise in all aspects of electronic circuit design, from architecture through the schematic capture and PCB layout design. We create custom solutions for your product idea and specifications. While we specialize in a high rigor, high reliability design process, our engineers are also very experienced at iterative design methods and rapid prototypes mitigating risk for markets that don’t require the same rigor as aerospace and medical. We will help you realize your concept, freeing up your bandwidth to pursue other work.
Custom Design Processes
- Architecture and tradeoff studies
- Schematic design and component selection
- High speed signal integrity design and simulations
- Analog SPICE simulations
- PCB planning
- PCB layout
- Pre-compliance and compliance testing for FCC, EMC and other areas
We are experts in designing circuitry with a wide variety of embedded processor and peripheral architectures. We have experts in digital signal domains as well as precision analog signal generation and sampling, and experience with board complexity up to 24 layers. We offer expertise in the following areas:
- Preferred processors: Advanced ARM-based processors from NXP (i.MX6, i.MX53, Kinetis)
- Communication buses: Ethernet, CAN, LIN, RS232, RS422 and RS485
- Peripheral buses: SPI, I2C, PCI, PCI Express and Local bus
- Video input/output: NTSC, HDSDI, HDMI, DVI, LVDS, LCD
- Analog: Precision instrumentation, signal processing, power supplies, motion control, opto-electronics, image sensors and custom test equipment
- Memory: NOR Flash, NAND Flash, EEPROM, eMMC, DDR3, SRAM and SDRAM
- Wireless peripherals: Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE, IrDA, WiFi, Zigbee and RFID
- Development toolchains: Mentor Graphics (PADS, DxDesigner, Expedition, Hyperlynx), OrCAD, Altium and SPICE tools (MultiSim, LTSpice)
Design for Manufacturing
DornerWorks specializes in design and has a deep understanding of electronics manufacturing and the techniques and controls necessary to design for manufacture. We partner with your preferred (or one of our pre-qualified) contract manufacturers to produce your electronic circuit boards.
We are an Engineering Consultant partner in the NXP partner program.