DornerWorks provided the necessary staffing expertise to complete the test development and execution efficiently, porting test instrumentation to updated hardware, updating test scripts and procedures, and peforming “dry run” tests along the way. We communicated progress to our customer team through metrics that showed earned value, and supported formal reviews of RBTs, test procedures, and test code.
DornerWorks also participated in V&V activities on the MCDU Arbitration Function (MAF) of the P-8A program, both in analyzing LLRs and developing test procedures, and in test development to support formal testing on IPSE. Tests and test applications were developed and delivered in DOORS and Dimensions. Specific tasks performed by DornerWorks staff in this program include the following:
- Analyzed P-8A MAF LLRs and linked relevant requirements to corresponding C-130 AMP LLRs.
- Analyzed existing RBTs in light of the P-8A MAF design documents and LLR’s, eliminated test cases and test steps that were not relevant to the P-8A architecture, and identified additional test cases required for full coverage of P-8A design requirements.
- Ported the MAF test instrumentation to the NPM daughtercard, where the MAF application runs. This involved writing I/O services that were unavailable on the embedded NPM processor.
- Ported MAF Test Application configurations to the P-8A SIL hardware.
- Helped determine physical channels and parameters of the P-8A Architecture required to produce a meaningful configuration.
- Modified MAF Test Applications, Test Procedures, and RBT’s to properly test the P-8A architecture.
- Facilitated communication and collection of metrics measuring DornerWorks progress.
- Performed Dry runs of the Test Procedures on all MAF test Applications using the P-8A SIL lab.
- Fixed P-8A MAF Test redlines left over from the Dry Run phase, and those found in test Review.
- Wrote specific startup and shutdown procedures for testing on the P-8A SIL.
- Ported the test applications from DEV-23 to DEV-29 baseline.
- Ported the MAF tests to run using the IPSE test build and run framework.
- Created system definitions for IPSE describing the SIL for use when building MAF test applications.
- Supported review of MAF RBT’s, Test Procedure, and Test Code.
- Executed Formal Test Runs of P-8A MAF tests on the P-8A SIL in the new lab.