Safe and Secure Partitioning.
The Virtuosity Hypervisor, a port of the Xen Hypervisor for an embedded environment, is a platform-enabling technology that allows your applications to run with strict partitioning, functional safety, and security from attacks.
The Virtuosity Hypervisor
Safe and Secure
Freedom and confidence for what you do
When size, weight, and power (SWaP) are issues in your design, Virtuosity provides a unique path to meeting these goals.
We provide you with a head-start to certifying your system for flight or marketability for safety and security applications.
Consolidating hardware resources on a common computing platform reduces the need to maintain legacy systems.
Experience the freedom and confidence that the Virtuosity Hypervisor brings to embedded projects.
Xen-based hypervisor, ARINC 653 extensions, FACE alignment
The Virtuosity hypervisor has both security and safety in one product.
- Based on open-source Xen hypervisor technology, a type 1 hypervisor running directly on the hardware
- Strict ARINC 653 partitioning, with privileged partitions for initialization and configuration, health monitoring, and I/O control
- Your applications run unchanged in protected guest partitions
- Linux and μC/OS currently supported in guest partitions; future support for VxWorks, Windows, and more
- Support for controlled I/O sharing with RS-232/422/485, MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, ARINC 664p7, CAN, and more
- Aligns with open industry standards including ARINC 653, POSIX, VICTORY, and FACE
- Safety assurance: DO-178, IEC 62304, ISO 26262 certification packages at the highest levels of design assurance and safety integrity
- Security assurance: MILS EAL conformance using formal methods
- Support tools available include: Traceability analyzer, Difference Impact analyzer, System Configurator, and more
- Available for x86 and ARM targets
- Engineering support services available